When it comes to running CAD systems a gamer mouse can be a great choice to greatly improve productivity. I have been using an 11 button thunder bird mouse for around 2 years now both at home running Rhino 3D and at work running Unigraphics NX and just recently upgraded to the 18 button Venus model by Utech Smart. Both have the same basic user interface when it comes to customization.
It has 5 modes so that can expand what you can do even more. each mode can also be color coordinated so you know what one you are on.
- Built with gamers in mind: up to 16400 DPI, 12000 FPS, 1000 Hz polling rate, 30G acceleration, 100-150in/s cursor speed, and an Avago sensor. Omron micro switches provide crisp, firm clicks.
- 18 programmable buttons, 5 Savable memory profiles each with a distinct light color for quick identification, an 8-piece weight tuning set (2.4g x8), and over 16 million LED color options. The LED may be disabled as per your preference.
- Durable smooth TEFLON feet pads and contour body for ultimate gaming control. High-end features including 18 buttons, power button, breathing light in 5 colors modes and 12 side buttons
- Ergonomic Right Handed Design with Rubber Painting Surface that can keep your grip firm during gameplay. 6ft braided-fiber cable with gold-plated USB connector ensures greater durability.
- Special Setting Switch Button on the back side of the mouse let you take command with maximum efficiency; 18-Month Manufacturer’s Warranty.
An Ergonomic mouse pad is another great thing to get
This model by J&G modern computer accessories is a great find and works well with the Venus mouse.