Fueling up at a gas station today next to the car was one of my favorite insects, a Sphinx Moth, also known as a hawk moth
It’s black and sand gold color pattern is quite striking and the delta planform while resting reminds me of some delta wing RC aircraft I’ve designed in college (green) and when I worked for piper (blue)
of course in flight the Sphinx is no different than any other Moth or butterfly 🦋 with a tandem / low sweep planform
Watching a recent Le Drib video on YouTube I learned about an excellent online resource for anyone looking to build a new PC.
Here is the video where I learned about it.
very cool video of a 777 flying from Europe to the middle east as a time lapse under 4 mins.
This video comes from the Guillaume Laffon YouTube Channel.
He has a variety of 4K 777 cockpit videos, worth checking out.
This Months product of the month is called Grip Lock Ties.
I learned about it by watching Mike Patey’s Scrappy update video (see below) This is one of his companies products and is a perfect solution for both Home Built aircraft and UAV’s / RC / Drones.
Typical zip ties while cheaper can slide and or cut wiring and soft tubing. The unique feature with these is the rubber lined grip that keeps the tie in place and cushions what it is gripping. They are also removable unlike traditional zip ties that have a one way only function.
See more about these on Mikes latest video.
- Electrical wiring
- In powerplant cable management
- 3 phase wiring & power distribution on Drones / UAV’s
- Pitot Static Systems / Break lines
One of my favorite Acrobatic Biplanes is the Christen Eagle, I first got to see the eagle in action with the eagles acrobatic flight team consisting of Tom Poberezny, Charlie Hillard & Gene Soucy in the early 90’s at Oshkosh.
The Eagle was designed to compete with the Legendary Pitts Special in the late 70’s
For those interested in a Kit or Plans:
672 S. Washington
Afton, WY 83111
RC aircraft on Outerzone:
50″ Span, 1980 Publication date, .40 – .60 glow power
This one’s the longest video I’ve shared so far, I found it fascinating.
James May from Top Gear has quite a bit of YouTube Content, This video came up on my suggested feed.
Check out his channel called Reel Truth Science Documentaries
The shielding & cradle mechanism / structure to support the fragile balsa glider under a helicopter was truly impressive.
The autopilot board looks like an APM 2.8
The High Top Creeper Workstation by XtremepowerUS is an ideal solution for repair facilities or individuals who work on large trucks and aircraft.
Body weight is supported by the frame that goes to the ground, Castoring wheels allow for easy moving.
- Great equipment for getting to the engine from the top of the vehicle. Allows extended periods of time spent bending over the engine without the effect of painful fatigue.
- Allows the technician to reach 40% more area around the front of most vehicles and equipment
- The thick padded deck to deliver support while working on your car, truck, boat, or airplane
- (4) casters slide easily around the shop. Two of them lock once the unit is properly positioned giving the user plenty of leverage
- Collapsible Frame: Yes; Max Weight Capacity: 400lbs; Overall Dimension: 33-1/4″(W) x 54-1/4″(L) x 48″ to 66-1/2″(H)