Welcome to the TIG welding book companion site
This page is setup to support customers of the TIG book in both Paperback & e-books
Below are links to Welding Projects, Resources & Products like TIG welding machines, Safety equipment, consumables, & Metal processing tools.
Since new products come out often and old products get dis-continued this page aims to keep up with some of the best products for the new / home use welder. Most of these products will direct send you to the link on Amazon where you can buy like you would anything else from Amazon.
World voltage & frequency chart
Since the TIG book has sold all over the world its important to know not only the voltage but also the Frequency of your countries power supply.
Dedicated TIG Machines:
This is the Welder I own, it’s an excellent choice for the home shop and small production / prototype work
This machine can run on both 60 & 50 Hz so its a great choice for Europe, Asia & other areas on 50hz
SIMPLICITY WITHOUT COMPROMISE
The Square Wave® TIG 200 is a portable TIG and stick welding machine that lets hobbyists, makers, small fabricators and craftsmen explore their creativity.
It is designed to help expand your welding expertise. As your skills and confidence grow, you can take advantage of the Square Wave TIG 200’s additional functionality. No matter your skill level, you won’t be disappointed.
The Square Wave TIG 200 provides smooth and stable AC TIG welding on aluminum and DC TIG welding on steel, stainless steel and chrome-moly.
A user-friendly interface enables the operators to set it, forget it and weld.
ADVANCED FEATURES YET EASY TO USE
The user interface makes machine setup easy. Available features, such as Pulse, which provides a drumbeat-like rhythm for filler metal deposition, make you become a better TIG welder – faster.
- A Great TIG Machine for Aluminum – For a wider or tighter welding bead, users can easily adjust AC Frequency Control. AC Balance can be adjusted to provide more cleaning action on dirty aluminum or to maximize penetration
on thick materials.
- TIG and Stick from One Power Source – The multi-process machine can TIG weld when precision and bead appearance are important. Users also have the advantage of stick welding capability for outdoor work or thicker materials.
- Take it Everywhere, Plug in Anywhere.™ – Plug in the Square Wave TIG 200 where you need it – a standard 120V circuit or 230V for maximum output. Portable and convenient to use, only 46 lb (21 kg).
The Green Alternate to Red & Blue. Everlast is gaining market share in the TIG & MIG markets. This machine is packed with features and an impressive warranty. The pulse feature has a higher frequency than the Lincoln SW 200, that is a major plus for thin wall work. It also works on both 50 & 60 Hz so its an excellent choice for all the international readers of the TIG book including the 2nd biggest audience England.
As the latest addition to the analog line of inverter TIG welders from Everlast, the PowerTIG 200DV features all of the same dynamic performance of the PowerTIG 200DX, but expands its versatility by adding dual voltage and a digitally controlled IGBT inverter. Able to operate on 120V or 240V single phase 50/60Hz, the unit offers maximum go anywhere performance. The unit is definitely portable, and can be used with any generator that is rated for a sustained 3500 watts (120V) and is certified by the manufacturer as “clean power”. If you need a reliable, TIG welder that you can carry with you and make quality welds day-in and day-out, the PowerTIG 200DV is definitely one to consider. Includes: 12 ft. Everlast 26 Series TIG torch with 35 series DINSE stle connectors and torch switch for 2T/4T operation Stick electrode holder with 10 ft. cable and 35 series DINSE style connectors Work clamp with 10 ft. cable and DINSE style connectors Foot pedal Everlast regulator made from billet brass 240/120V Pigtail Adapter 6 ft. Power input cable Consumable Starter Kit (Tungsten not included) Minimum/Maximum: TIG: Weld steel to a maximum of 5/16″ single pass (240V) Weld steel to a maximum of 3/16″ single pass (120V) Weld steel to a maximum of 1/2″ multi-pass(240V) Weld steel to a maximum of 3/8″ multi-pass (120V) Weld aluminum to a maximum of 1/4″ single pass (240V) Weld aluminum to a maximum of 1/8″ single pass (120V) Weld aluminum to a maximum of 3/8″ multi-pass (240V) Weld aluminum to a maximum of 1/4″ multi-pass (120V) Weld to a minimum of .007″ Steel Weld to a minimum of .020″ Aluminum Stick: Weld with a minimum of 1/16″ diameter electrode Weld with a maximum of 1/8″ diameter electrode (240V) Weld with maximum of 3/32″-1/8″ diameter electrode (120V) TIG limits are recommended based off of practical limits and industry recommended standards for single and multi-pass welds.
Easy-to-Understand Operator Interface
Use It On 120 Or 240 Volt Input Power
Utilizes Latest Inverter Technology
Torch Designed for Maximum Operator Comfort
Light Weight = Portability
Reduce Noise, Maintenance and Operating Costs.
Eliminate Waste of Expensive Shielding Gas
Dependable Arc Starts
Like the Everlast machine the AHP Alpha TIG is a cost effective alternative to Red & Blue. This machine has favorable reviews and a good track record
- quality TIG welding on aluminum, stainless or steel and precise welding of thinner-gauge materials
- will do 1/4″ aluminum and 3/8″ mild stee and 110/220 volts and is capable of welding 7018, 6013
- Advanced Inverter Technology with PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) Using IGBT technology; PULSE FREQUENCY RANGE – 5 to 5HZ; PULSE AMP CONTROL 10 – 200 WELDING AMPS; PULSE TIME ON (WIDTH) – 10-90% OF PULSE CYCLE.
- Square-wave inverter 4 aluminum welding with pulse frequency allowing for simple set up and operatin
- unit features HF start tig and includes a foot pedal for great tig welding control and Operation
- Quality TIG welding on aluminum, stainless or steel and precise welding of thinner-gauge materials
- Will do 1/4″ aluminum and 3/8″ mild steel and 110/220 volts and is capable of welding 7018, 6013
- Advanced Inverter Technology with PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) Using IGBT technology
- Square-wave inverter 4 aluminum welding with pulse frequency allowing for simple set up and operating
- Unit features HF start tig and includes a foot pedal for great tig welding control and Operation
Multi Process Machines:
For those looking primarily for a MIG machine that has the option for DC TIG the MP210 is a great combo machine
VERSATILE, RUGGED, SIMPLE TO USE.
The POWER MIG® 210 MP power supply is a multi-process welder for the hobbyist, educator or small contractor who wants to do MIG welding and a lot more, including stick, TIG and flux-cored welding. The push-and-turn digital controls and color display screen make setup and operation intuitive and easy, while the all-metal wire drive and sturdy sheet-metal construction make it rugged and ready for any job in the home or small shop. The POWER MIG 210 MP power supply is the ideal MIG machine for the welding novice, with plenty of room to grow as you gain more experience.
ONE POWERFUL MACHINE
Take it Everywhere, Plug in Anywhere.™
- Lightweight and portable – just 40 lbs.!
- Dual Voltage Inputs (120V or 230V) means you can plug into any common power supply
Ready. Set. Weld®.
- Intuitive push-and-turn digital controls make setup a breeze
- Large color display guides you through the setup process
- Advanced options and settings are simple to access
210 Amps: The power to tackle any job
- MIG: Weld up to 5/16 in. mild or stainless steel or aluminum* up to 3/16 in.
- Flux-Cored (Self- and Gas-shielded): Tackle the biggest jobs
- DC Stick: Handles up to 5/32 in. stick electrodes
- DC TIG: Enabled by Touch Start TIG® technology
If you are looking for an all around performer in the your fab shop, or need a go to unit on the work site, the PowerMTS 211SI has more than enough capability to handle most daily chores. As one of the newest multi-process welders in the Everlast PowerMTS line, the unit has been completely redesigned with the user in mind. This new digital inverter model features all the capability of previous generations but also adds synergic capability to the MIG component of the MIG/TIG/Stick welder. The synergic offers quick setup and use of the welder based off of user input of wire diameter and metal type. Manual override is always a choice when operating the unit in the Synergic mode so that the operator can fine tune the settings to the perform to his or her expectations. The unit features a standard MIG mode as well and setup is fully controlled by the operator. The welder is also equipped with a synergic spool gun mode for those that need it. Minimum/Maximum: MIG: Weld up to a maximum of 3/8″ single pass* Weld up to a maximum of 5/8″ multi-pass Weld a minimum of 24 gauge * Single pass welds greater than 1/4″ are not recommended as a sound welding technique. TIG: Weld up to a maximum of 1/4″ single pass Weld up to a maximum of 5/8″ mult-pass Stick Weld with a maximum of 1/8″ diameter electrode Weld with a minimum of 1/16″ diameter electrode INCLUDES: 10 ft. Trafimet Series 15 MIG torch with Euro style quick connect fitting Stick electrode holder with 10 ft cable and 35 series DINSE-style connector Work clamp with 10 ft. cable and 35 series DINSE-style connector 12 ft. 26 Series TIG torch with cable and 35 series DINSE-style connector Spare consumable starter kit (does not include tungsten) Ar/CO2 Gas Regulator
This is the welding cabinet I have, like other HFT tool cabinets it’s heavy duty and gets the job done. I have a 110 Argon cylinder on mine.
- Tough steel construction
- 3 drawers and 1 cabinet bin
- Hooks for hose and cables
- Platform for gas cylinders
- Smooth-rolling casters
This is the Make and model of the helmet I have, It is a big investment but for eye protection, and a clear view of your welding its one of the best you can get on the market today.
The VIKING 3350, our top-of-the-line helmet series, provides the best optical clarity available in a welding helmet today and the largest viewing area in its class. The 3350 Series offers a pivot style headgear designed for greater comfort and optimal fit.
- 4C Lens Technology
- Perfect 1/1/1/1 optical clarity rating (EN379)
- Largest viewing area in the VIKING line
- Superior comfort with the pivot style headgear
- Longer battery life
- 3 year warranty
SEE CLEARLY NOW
The new 4C ADF Technology improves the performance of the lens in the 4 most important categories to the welder:
- Clarity – Optical Clarity 1/1/1/1
- Color – Real Color View
- Carat – Light Weight
- Cut – Even Shade From Any Angle
The 4C Lens Technology upgrade to Lincoln Electric’s VIKING® welding helmets improves visibility and reduces eye strain by minimizing the traditional lime green coloring in the helmet view screen.
4C technology is ideal for a range of industries such as general fabrication, power generation, shipbuilding, structural, offshore and pipeline that use multiple welding processes, including Stick, MIG and TIG. Whatever the task at hand, 4C technology gives you a clear view to productivity and quality.
The auto darkening welding helmet is of nylon construction and it includes lithium batteries, magnifying lens holder, 5 outside and 2 inside cover lenses and helmet bag. It is of series – digital elite. Hazardous material. Improved Digital Controls allow user to easily adjust mode and settings.
Top features form fitting grain goat skin leather provides optimal fit and feel for tag welding unlined padded palm allows dexterity 4 inch. Split cow hide cuff for added heat protection sewn with Kevlar thread for maximum seam strength lightweight construction for dexterity.
Keep a steady hand position with out getting burned with the TIG Finger Combo
- Finish that long pass without burning your fingers
- Pocket size durable design ideal for any tig job
- Increases the lifespan of your tig glove
- Great for hobbyists and industrial welders
- Handmade in the USA
This is the Table I have in my shop, works great, good grounding and lots of storage when not in use.
- Brushed 443 stainless steel top with bullnose edge (24″ x 49″ x 1.5″ thick)
- Load capacity per shelf is 500 lbs.; 1000 lbs. total
- Industrial-strength steel frame in chrome with padded, adjustable leveling feet
- Certified by the NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 2 – Food Equipment; for home, commercial and office environments
- Easy assembly with no tools required
A heaver weld table with dedicated holes for jigs and clamping
The Strong Hand Tools FixturePoint Table and Tools Kit is an easy-to-use modular jig and fixture table that makes it easy to set up tacking jigs and welding fixtures, or set up holding and clamping fixtures for MRO part repair, assembly or inspection. Perfect for setting up 2D frames. Includes clamps and 24-piece components startup kit. Material Thickness (mils): 4mm, Color: Gray, Frame Material: Alloy steel, painted black, Adjustable: Yes, Dimensions L x W x H (in.): 36 x 24 x 34, Product Type: Welding table, Table Dimensions W x L (in.): 24 x 36, Dimensions L x H ( ft.): 3 x 2, Material: Alloy steel
If your ready for an ultra heavy duty Weld Table with skys the limit versatility Fab Blocks from Weldtables.com are the best you can get. you need to order them direct from the web site but if you want to seek the full spectrum of tables this would be it.
They come as flat plate stock kits, you tab lock them together and TIG or Mig the connections. the end result is a spot on flat surface with a ton of holes to mount what ever weld jigs and futures you can dream up.
sizes range from 2’X2′ to 4’X8′ as a standard ordered item, you can also spec out custom tables if you want.
These come as just blocks as you see below or you can also order leg kits for them.
Check them out at: https://weldtables.com/collections/fabblocks
- This precision pipe notcher is a useful fixture for your drill press
- Make round cuts in pipe and tubing of kinds of shapes at any angle from 0-45° in aluminum & 0-60° in
- Sturdy & durable steel frame holds your work piece during operation
- Perfect for fabricating roll cages, mini bike frames & all your general shop and home projects
- Base is adaptable to any worktable and is especially suitable to be mounted on a drill press
This is the set I have for my Lincoln SW 200 w/ #17 torch, the long cups allow you to get into tight areas
This kit fits all 17 & 26 series air cooled torches and 18 series water cooled torches,
including the Lincoln PTA-17, PTA-18 and PTA-26 torches,
Miller Diamondback DB17, DB18 and DB 26 torches,
along with the Weldcraft WP-17, WP-18 and WP-26 torches.
19 pcs packing list as below :
1pcs Alumina GAS Lens Nozzle 4# Ref No:54N18L D6.5*76.2mm
1pcs Alumina GAS Lens Nozzle 5# Ref NO:54N17L D8.0*76.2mm
1pcs Alumina GAS Lens Nozzle 6# Ref NO:54N16L D9.5*76.2mm
1pcs Alumina GAS Lens Nozzle 7# Ref NO:54N15L D11.0*76.2mm
1pcs Alumina GAS Lens Nozzle 8# Ref NO:54N14L D12.50*76.2mm
1pcs Gas Lens Collets Body 0.040″ 1.00mm Ref NO:45V24
1pcs Gas Lens Collets Body 1/16″ 1.60mm Ref NO:45V25
1pcs Gas Lens Collets Body 3/32″ 2.40mm Ref NO:45V26
1pcs Gas Lens Collets Body 1/8″ 3.2mm Ref NO:45V27
1pcs Collets 0.040″ & Ø1.0mm 10N22
1pcs Collets 1/16″ & Ø1.6mm 10N23
1pcs Collets 3/32″ & Ø2.4mm 10N24
1pcs Collets 1/8″ & Ø3.2mm 10N25
1pcs Alumina Nozzle 4# Ref No.: 54N18
1pcs Alumina Nozzle 5# Ref No.: 54N17
1pcs Alumina Nozzle 6# Ref No.: 54N16
1pcs Alumina Nozzle 7# Ref No.: 54N15
1pcs Alumina Nozzle 8# Ref No.: 54N14
1pcs 54N01 Gas len insulator
Package Quantity: 46pcs
TIG Back Cap 3pcs:
1pcs 41V24 Long
1pcs 41V35 Medium
1pcs 41V33 Short
TIG Collets 10pcs:
2pcs 13N20 Collet ∮0.5mm & 0.020 ”
2pcs 13N21 Collet ∮1.0mm & 0.040 ”
2pcs 13N22 Collet ∮1.60mm & 1/16 ”
2pcs 13N23 Collet ∮2.4mm & 3/32 ”
2pcs 13N24 Collet ∮3.2mm & 1/8 ”
1pcs 598882 Cup Gasket
TIG Collet Body 5pcs :
1pcs 13N25 ∮0.5mm & 0.020 ”
1pcs 13N26∮1.0mm & 0.040 ”
1pcs 13N27 ∮1.60mm & 1/16 ”
1pcs 13N28 ∮2.4mm & 3/32 ”
1pcs 13N29 ∮3.2mm & 1/8 ”
TIG Alumina nozzle 6pcs :
1pcs 13N08 D6.5mm x 1/4″-size 4
1pcs 13N09 D8.0mm x 5/16″-size 5
1pcs 13N10 D9.50mm x 3/8″-size 6
1pcs 13N11 D11.0mm x 7/16″-size 7
1pcs 13N12 D12.50mm x 1/2″-size 8
1pcs 13N13 D16. 0mm x 5/8″-size 10
Long TIG Alumina nozzle 4pcs :
1pcs 796F70 D4.0mm x 1/6″-size 3
1pcs 796F71 D6.5mm x 1/4″-size 4
1pcs 796F72 D8.0mm x 5/16″-size 5
1pcs 796F73 D9.50mm x 3/8″-size 6
Extra Long TIG Alumina nozzle 5pcs:
1pcs 796F74 D4.0mm x 1/6″-size 3
1pcs 796F75 D6.5mm x 1/4″-size 4
1pcs 796F76 D8.0mm x 5/16″-size 5
1pcs 796F77 D9.50mm x 3/8″-size 6
1pcs 796F79 D6.5mm x 1/4″-size 4L
TIG Collet Body Gas Lens 4pcs:
1pcs 45V42 ∮1.0 mm & 0.040 ”
1pcs 45V43∮1.6 mm & 1/16 ”
1pcs 45V44∮2.4 mm & 3/32 ”
1pcs 45V45∮3.2 mm & 1/8 ”
TIG Alumina nozzle Gas Lens 5pcs:
1pcs 53N58 D6.5mm x 1/4″-size 4
1pcs 53N59 D8.0mm x 5/16″-size 5
1pcs 53N60 D9.50mm x 3/8″-size 6
1pcs 53N61 D11.0mm x 7/16″-size 7
1pcs 53N61S D12.50mm x 1/2″-size 8
Long TIG Alumina nozzle 3pcs :
1pcs 53N59XL D8.0mm x 5/16″-size 5L
1pcs 53N60XL D9.50mm x 3/8″-size 6
1pcs 53N61XL D11.0mm x 7/1
- 1.Flex TIG Welding Torch Head Body WP-9F, Allows to bend at any direction.
- 2.Air Cooled 125Amp, Torch Head With Copper Material Inside and Rubber Cover
- 3.Torch Handle With High Quality Plastic Material,Comfortable Handling
- 4.Standard Design Fitting For DB SR WP9 Tig Torch Replacement Repair Work
- 5.Package including:1pc wp 9 Flexible welding torch head
A great torch for thin wall 4130 work
Many options & combinations with this gas lens kit.
The long ceramic cups allow easy access to tight spots like this flight control weldment. The slender profile of this cup allows good visibility on the weld and access for the filler rod.
Welding City’s Lanthanated Tungsten (Blue band) is one of my main go to TIG electrodes (sold in a 10 pack)
- Premium quality TIG welding tungsten electrodes, 2.0% Lanthanated (Blue), 10 pcs/box
Low cost dedicated 6″ Bench Grinder for Tungsten electrodes
- Medium and coarse wheels for a variety of materials
- 2.1 Amp Motor with 3,450 RPM
- Built-In LED work lights over both wheels
- Adjustable tool rests for accurate grinding
- Rubber feet provides increase stability
Get a better surface finish on your tungsten with a final pass on this 150 grit wheel, just swap out one of the supplied wheels that came with your bench grinder.
- Ideal for tool and cutter grinding of cemented Carbide applications
- Provides clean, potent tool edges and surfaces
- Made of green silicon Carbide
- Size: 6-inch x 3/4-inch; arbor size: 1/2-inch; 150 grit
- Designed to fit most stationary bench grinders
ER70S2 Filler rod, the go to for 4130N Chromoly structures
- Incredibly versatile multipurpose cutting technology enables you to cut mild steel, aluminum & wood (wood with embedded nails) with a single blade.
- Combined with ultra high grade 36T TCT blade, a hi-torque motor and optimized gearbox the saw provides reliable cutting through various materials.
- Cut through 6mm mild steel with no heat, no burrs & virtually no sparks, leaving an instantly workable finish, unlike alternate methods.
- Comprehensively out-performs abrasive saws. Evolution testing shows that 1 Multipurpose TCT blade lasts longer than 20 abrasive discs!
- Fast action swivel clamping mechanism allows 0-45 degree miter cuts.
- Multipurpose, cuts steel, aluminum, wood and plastics using a single blade
- 1800-watt/15-Amp motor
- 1450 RPM no load
Cut Steel & Aluminum like you would wood.
Ive been a big fan of evolution power tools for a while now and like their innovative approach to cutting metal with the familiarity and cost of wood cutting saws.
I bought this unit a few weeks ago and have been truly impressed with its performance
This is a UK brand saw and is offered in multiple voltage and frequency options to suit what ever country you are in.
Evolution RAGEB 7-1/4 in. Multi-purpose Circular Saw is capable of cutting steel, aluminum, wood with nails in and plastics with just one blade. When cutting steel, the RAGEB cuts cold, no coolant is required. Because the material is cold it can be handled and worked on immediately. A combination of a hi-torque motor and gearbox, heavy duty construction and ultra high grade TCT blade enables the RAGEB to cut materials which simply weren’t possible before. A blade can cut up to 165 ft. of 1/4 in. mild steel before a replacement is required. Includes Evolution’s 3 year warranty.
- Multi-purpose; cuts steel, aluminum, wood and plastics
- 1200-Watt/10 Amp motor
- 3900 RPM no load
- Compact and portable
- Bevel tilt from 0 degrees-45 degrees
- Includes 7-1/4 in. RAGE multi-purpose cutting blade, 24 teeth
- 20 mm blade arbor
- Optional specialty blade available for masonry cutting
- A mobile solution to cut metal in the field
- Includes Evolution’s 3 year limited warranty
Here are some pictures of me easily cutting thru .060″ steel
use a 4-5/16″ off set for the left side of the saw to setup your fence.
This saw does the job of a full metal shear all at 1/15th the cost and 1/15 the size
compare to this G5772 from Grizzly
The Bosch GWS8-45 4-1/2-inch angle Grinder is a light, ergonomic Grinder, with a slender grip circumference that allows users to work comfortably for extended periods. This 4.2 lbs. Tool delivers plenty of power, with a 7.5-Amp motor that produces 11,000 no-load RPM. It has directed air flow that diverts dust away from vital components. Bosch service Minder brush system shuts off the tool when preventative maintenance is required, which helps to eliminate guesswork. This Grinder has a two-position side handle. It has a burst-protection quick adjustable guard designed for user protection, a fast-change Disc change and a large spindle lock. Includes: (1) auxiliary handle; (1) wheel guard; (1) flange Kit; (1) Spanner wrench; (1) 4-1/2-inch abrasive wheel.
perfect attachment for a 4.5″ angle grinder to take off the most aggressive coatings and scale getting metal parts particularly sheet me parts ready to TIG weld.
use a grinding stone or sanding drum attachment to quickly prep steel for TIG welding
This is the sand blasting Cabinet I own, Has worked great over the years, the Vacuum port on the side keeps the gloves inflated and the dust down inside the Cabinet.
- 40 lb. Abrasive capacity
- Fluorescent lighting system
- 18 gauge steel cabinet construction
- Two AC/DC power adapters
- Maximum working pressure: 125 PSI;