This one’s the longest video I’ve shared so far, I found it fascinating.
James May from Top Gear has quite a bit of YouTube Content, This video came up on my suggested feed.
Check out his channel called Reel Truth Science Documentaries
The shielding & cradle mechanism / structure to support the fragile balsa glider under a helicopter was truly impressive.
The autopilot board looks like an APM 2.8
This months video share is brought to you by Stefan Langer’s YouTube channel For more sail plane content make sure to check it out.
Very impressive video of sail planes flying over the mountains of Bosnia and Herzegovina with Aeroklub Livno hosing the event. It’s amazing to see how long these machines can stay in the air with no motor.
In high school I got the opportunity to take some glider lessons in a Schweizer SGS 2-33 in Boulder Colorado. I would recommend getting a few training flights in gliders if your working on your private pilots license & up. It’s a valuable experience to see what an aircraft is like with no engine adding massive competence to powered aircraft engine out procedures. If your in the Boulder area the current company doing glider training is called Mile High Gliding.
This video is brought to you by Mike Patey’s YouTube Channel.
Most famous for his Draco bush plane (a highly modified PZL-104 Wilga)
It’s always cool to see other composite fabricators methods for making parts. Big takeaway I got from this video is a method for making a joggle
- “paper toweling” the cowl split line
- putting release tape on the throw away part
- build up the joggle area
- cure & dremel cut the remaining ligaments of the finished part allowing it to be cut free.
Mike is certainly an excellent role model when it comes to business & aviation and his content is something I enjoy normalizing to.
This months video share is brought to you by Mark Rober’s YouTube channel.
It’s an excellent example of how drones can be used for good and how to help with Reforestation efforts.
This video is a partnership with #Teamtrees (a not for profit fund raiser) with the goal of planting 20 Million trees by 1/1/2020 only 2 months away. Beyond drones Team Trees is using multiple methods to achieve the goal.
Learn more on their site: https://teamtrees.org/
This is not just YouTubers on this technology Bloomberg has covered it as well.
Drone seed is the major contributor to this technology, learn more at:
This video share comes to you by the Johnny FPV YouTube Channel.
Quite the cinematic FPV experience for the south beach & down town Miami area.
To capture you own epic FPV adventures check out the GoPro Hero 7 Black Edition with 2 extra batteries & 64GB + 16GB Micro SD’s
More from the product description:
- GoPro has finally unleashed its most advanced HERO model to date: the HERO7.
- Brand new suite of features, and the same cutting-edge waterproof build, this latest addition to the brand’s popular line of action cameras is designed to bring your photography and videography to the next level.
- New to the HERO7 is the portrait shooting orientation.
- Film Ultra HD 4K videos at up to 60fps with the built-in HyperSmooth Video Stabilization for smoother, professional-quality footage without the need for a gimbal stabilizer.
- Record in 2.7K at up to 120 frames per second and in Full HD 1080p at up to 240 frames per second for truly breathtaking, super slow-motion videos.
- Camera also captures vivid and detailed 12MP still images, with a burst photo mode at up to 30 frames per second.
A very informative video from Steve Thorne @ Flight Chops YouTube channel on key differences between Airliner (commercial) flight practices vs. General Aviation.
A key take away is Airline pilots focus on the MINIMUM maneuvering speed that also gives them coverage for 30º banked turns. According to the instructor / FAA this is typically 40% above the stall speed.
General Aviation Pilots usually associated maneuvering speed as a MAXIMUM to avoid structural issues in gusty conditions.
Lots of other good in sights in the video as well.
Check out the Flight Chops YouTube channel for more great Aviation content:
& on his web site @ http://flightchops.com/