This video share comes to you by the Johnny FPV YouTube Channel.
Quite the cinematic FPV experience for the south beach & down town Miami area.
To capture you own epic FPV adventures check out the GoPro Hero 7 Black Edition with 2 extra batteries & 64GB + 16GB Micro SD’s
More from the product description:
- GoPro has finally unleashed its most advanced HERO model to date: the HERO7.
- Brand new suite of features, and the same cutting-edge waterproof build, this latest addition to the brand’s popular line of action cameras is designed to bring your photography and videography to the next level.
- New to the HERO7 is the portrait shooting orientation.
- Film Ultra HD 4K videos at up to 60fps with the built-in HyperSmooth Video Stabilization for smoother, professional-quality footage without the need for a gimbal stabilizer.
- Record in 2.7K at up to 120 frames per second and in Full HD 1080p at up to 240 frames per second for truly breathtaking, super slow-motion videos.
- Camera also captures vivid and detailed 12MP still images, with a burst photo mode at up to 30 frames per second.
Quite the clever and practical solution for emergency situations in an Aircraft.
I saw this streamer on Shark Tank the other day and combined with the benefits I can see how this could be a great safety device for your aircraft. Beyond its name targeting marine operations / flying over water its also ideal for the desert and remote areas.
Doing most of my flight training in remote Arizona this a product I wish I had in my flight bag.
Tested and proven by the US Military this rescue streamer offers some advantages over other rescue signaling devices.
- Continuous signaling both with the orange streamer and with chem-lights for night time signaling.
- No batteries or electronics to fail in your time of need.
- Compact and light weight for storage.
The Dyke Delta was designed and built by John Dyke and first flew in 1966.
They do show up often at Airventure and SNF to help breakup the conformity of RV’s.
An excellent write up on the history of the aircraft can be found on the EAA web site, written by Alan White
The structure is mostly 4130 welded steel tube
EAA Chapter 27 in Meriden Connecticut has a good collection of construction photos (including the photo above)
For the RC community, legendary RC aircraft deisgner Laddie Mikulasko created a set of plans that can be found on Outerzone.
A very informative video from Steve Thorne @ Flight Chops YouTube channel on key differences between Airliner (commercial) flight practices vs. General Aviation.
A key take away is Airline pilots focus on the MINIMUM maneuvering speed that also gives them coverage for 30º banked turns. According to the instructor / FAA this is typically 40% above the stall speed.
General Aviation Pilots usually associated maneuvering speed as a MAXIMUM to avoid structural issues in gusty conditions.
Lots of other good in sights in the video as well.
Check out the Flight Chops YouTube channel for more great Aviation content:
& on his web site @ http://flightchops.com/
Looking for something to add to your Aviation decor in your man cave or hanger office?
Check out this 3 canvas panel setup (ea panel is 24″ X 36″)
Quite the unusual aircraft and almost exclusively only found in Australia & New Zealand as an Ag Plane. It was manufactured by the Transavia Corporation from 1966 – 1993 with 118 examples built.
The common way anyone in the US or Europe would likely know about this aircraft is from 1985’s Mad Max Beyond Thunder Dome piloted by Jedediah (played by Bruce Spence). For the longest time I thought something this Bizarre was just made up with some real good special effects, but no its real.
Very interesting to see what people and companies will cook up when not bound by local technical Dogma.
RC models are very rare (nothing yet on Outerzone) but some custom one offs can be found, one of the few kits available is from Laser Design Services and can be found at:
- Looking for your first or new flight bag?
- need something that’s to the point with out carrying the kitchen sink?
- Look no further than the ‘Lift’ Flight Bag by Flight Outfitters
- The “Just right” size features are ideal for LSA aircraft where extra space and weight is at a premium.
- Water bottle/back-up radio pocket, Fuel tester pocket, 2 external chart pockets
- Fleece-lined electronic accessory pockets (ADS-B / GPS / Iridium), 4 internal mesh organizers for cables and charging cords
- Fleece-lined headset pocket with elastic loops for extra batteries for ANR headsets
- Adjustable shoulder strap, braided wire reinforced carry handle and metal hardware
- External Dimensions: 12″H x 10.5″W x 9″D
Attractive Orange Accents keep the bag from blending in and being left behind.