I don’t see to many new FPV videos come up on my YouTube feed anymore despite being subscribed to several FPV channels. This one stood out, a very breathtaking video that shows the reason so many enter the hobby. The Video is from Danny Mcgee’s Channel.
A great video showing 5 new battery technologies for electric powered vehicles.
And what better way to put that electric technology to work than in a DMC-12. This video has all kinds of links to some of the components used in the conversion build.
One of the interesting new services I learned about is Big Battery https://bigbattery.com/ They can provide high power batteries to many kinds of custom built electric vehicles.
Another service of note in the last video is Send-Cut-Send https://sendcutsend.com/ This is a made in the USA (Reno NV) option Laser cut metal, it could be worth checking out for your next project.
Here is a fun aircraft of the month, the Starr Bumble Bee was designed with the whole intent at beating the title of the worlds smallest maned aircraft. It was designed by Robert Starr from Arizona, and first flew in 1984, he followed this up with the Bumble Bee 2 that was even smaller and lighter that first flew in 1988. On May 8th of the same year the bumble bee 2 had a down wind engine failure resulting in a crash, Robert was injured but made a recovery.
If your in the Tucson area they have the surviving Bumble Bee 1 aircraft on display at the Pima Air & Space Museum
6000 E Valencia Rd, Tucson, AZ 85756
with its compact simple form its a popular RC model.
For those interested in RC scratch building Outerzone has one designed by Ken Willard who has several RC plans on the web site.
Needing to clean up all the hard to reach dust in your Car or Aircraft interior?
Look no further than Cleaning Gel from Ticarve.
Unlike dusting and wipes, Gel can grab much of the stubborn dust and grime from hard to reach places
- 🚕【Perfect Car Detailing Putty】Cleaning gel for car is perfect for cleaning the nooks and crannies in your auto. Car gel cleaner is super great to get into the vents and little crevices on the car air vents, steering wheels, console panel, storage bins, cup holder, door handles, dashboards to pick up the dirt
- 🚗【Easy to Use】Just press the car vent cleaner slightly on the dust surface and pull out the car cleaning gel slowly the dirt would gone. Push car detailing tools into any little cracks and the crud sticks and pulls back out! You can also press the laptop cleaner on the keyboard surface and then pull out the car gel cleaner slowly, the dust would be carried away with the dust cleaner
- 🚘【Reusable】Gel for cleaning car could be used for several times till the color of the air vent cleaning kit turn to dark. When cleaning finished, just put the keyboard cleaning gel back in box and keep in cool place
- 🌿【High-tech Cleaning Material】Auto cleaning gel is made of high-tech cleaning material, smells sweet with lavender fragrance. Cleaning glue for car sticky dust but not sticky to hands. Auto interior cleaner pick up all dust and debris and leaves no residue
- 🚖【Multiple Uses】Automotive putty is also useful for home and office, PC computer keyboard cleaner and other rugged surface cleaning such as printer, cell phone, calculator, TV remote and furniture. The suitable surface must be no water and the dust cleaner for car would stick to it
A tri copter makes a great FPV platform but it also has utility as a flying ghost.
This video comes from the Motoshane YouTube Channel, he has some interesting videos on the channel.
Needing the perfect accessory for your hangar or aviation man cave?
Check out this 6 pack coaster set,
Originally developed in Australia by Seeker Aviation. Many government agencies use it as an observation platform.
The main web site for the seeker is: https://www.seekeraircraft.com/
No options that I can find for RC in Outerzone or as a kit. With modern 3D printers, printing a fuselage would be a viable option.
This aircraft of the month is the Edgley Optica a Observation aircraft designed to be a low cost alternative to Helicopters. It was developed and manufactured in England in the 70’s. 22 Aircraft where built
The 8 Hour endurance at Loiter speed is impressive. The center mounted Ducted fan is something usually only seen on models.
A dedicated web site for the aircraft can be found at: http://www.optica.co.uk/index2.html
Sketchfab has a online 3D model where you can see many of the details of the aircraft at: https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/edgley-optica-b9a0cc7a21344aee94d147362edbcda5
And for some YouTube Videos:
MS Flight Sim X has a freeware sim aircraft you can download at:
Outerzone does not currently have any options for the Optica but there is a UK web site where you can buy plans for a 2M wing span version with .60 glow power:
The other day at work looking up air density conversions I came across a great resource called the Omni Calculator, it can convert and calculate all kinds of stuff. https://www.omnicalculator.com
Click on the 3 lines to access the different options on the desk top version, mobile has a search bar and topics on the home page
For the air density conversion here is the exact page https://www.omnicalculator.com/physics/air-density
Ever wanted to have a RC paper airplane? Here is a great option:
- Bring your favorite “blast from the past” to the present when you turn your paper airplane into a remote-controlled flying Machine!
- This multiple award-winning conversion kit features a crash-resistant design and will give your paper plane a massive 180 ft. (55M) range – truly a gravity-defying experience.
- Equipped with Bluetooth Smart technology, you can control your plane with your smartphone through the power up app (iOS/Android compatible, check Power Up website for more details)
- Simple controls are fun for all ages: tilt smartphone/tablet from right to left to maneuver and use the throttle lever on the app to ascend and descend
- Features battery level, charging status and range indicators plus an air traffic control attribute. New features! For easy on-boarding – boost – Nitro for extra power, in app flight Academy, free template downloads, gesture control and game-pad controls
- Contents: power up 3. 0 Bluetooth Smart module, crossbar, Spare rudder, Spare propeller, 4 sheets of special template paper (2 Cardinal design, 2 invader design), instructions, quick start guide, and mounting display and storage box
- 365 day limited !