For the readers of the web site I wanted to compile a list of the best options today for Large field of view FPV goggles. when I got into FPV I was not impressed with the typical “Fat Shark” narrow field of view googles and wanted an IMAX experience. Headplay FPV was one of the first companies that could supply this and I was an early purchaser of their system.
Here is a list of the 5 options I would recommend today for a Wide FOV FPV goggle system. #ad
- The Scout uses a patented panel goggle optical module to deliver a 50 degree field of view (FOV), 1136 x 640 resolution and a 60 fps refresh rate in a comfortable to wear headset.
- In addition to an impressive display, the Scout has completely overhauled electronics performance.
- It has a diversity RX with an embedded 10 dB patch antenna to maximize reception, a new OSD, an updated DVR, and simple USB charging.
- The Scout also has several user conveniences including an embedded fan, removable foam to allow for pilots to wear glasses while flying and an LED indicator on the antenna to provide channel notification.
- The Scout is the headset for aspiring pilots looking for premium performance at a great value.
- Small size and light weight.
- Low power consumption, Working current 360~400mA.
- Double antenna reception to make the signal more stable.
- RaceBand 40 channel, Auto-Searching.
- 3.0 Inch 480*320 dot high brightness LCD screen.
- Built-in super sensitiveness 5.8GHz 40ch receiver, especially with RaceBand.
- Built-in 3.7V/1200mAh high-capacity Li-ion polymer Battery.
- Universal USB charging interface.
- Real-time video return, Very low time-delay.
- Support external video signal input.
- Support AV signal output (Connect external DVR).
- Built-in with super HD DVR record up to 720*576px resolution.Diversity RaceBand 40ch Auto-Searching.Two system (Display/Record duo core separated chipsets ) ensure no delay in displaying and no frame lost in recording(please use C10 super speed card to ensure the full frame recording).Work friendly with pilot-OSD, no block on the important flying OSD information;
- Separable design, 5 inch screen can be used as small monitor on radio controller or with tripod;HD high brightness 5 inch LCD specially tuned for FPV racing;Diversity function, Built-in super sensitive 5.8GHz 40ch receiver module, with RaceRand;
- Advanced auto-searching function and the working frequency show on screen;Built-in 7.4V 1200mAh battery, each full charge offer 2 hours working time;Wide range re-charge voltage 11-20V;
- Accept 2S or 3S batteries as back-up power source, to prolong the working time;Nice ergonomic design and fit different faces;Super-wide visible angle up to 82 degree;
- 92% transparent lens adopted, no distort, no blur on the edge of screen;Light weight 375g with 3.5 hr 1200mAh battery, RTF for any scale racing game;5 Inch 800*480px HD high brightness LCD
- Unique design even for people who wear glasses.
- New patented design of optical refraction, which no eye strain even for long time.
- Ergonomic design, no feeling of stress on your nose or eyes.
- With detachable 5inch monitor, combine goggle, separate monitor all in one.
- Menu for all 5.8Ghz frequency table, easy find, easy use.
- Built-in DVR recording, one key recording/playback.
- With true diversity receiver module inside, auto receive best signal
- Support HDMI IN, 1920*1080 resolution.
- Dual diversity receivers – Automatic switching to Antenna / Receiver
- Auto scanning function for fast and easy channel searching
- Supports AV and HDMI source DVR (HDMI DVR maximum input resolution supported is 1920*1080P @ 60HZ)
- NO Latency 1024×600 Display, with No Blackout / Blue Screen if Video Signal gets low
- Adjustable Lens Focus – Focal distance can be adjusted with a simple dial on the bottom of the unit
- Support AV and HDMI In – Use with an external receiver for long range, or simply enjoy a movie or playing a video game
- NTSC/PAL mode Auto Switching – auto-recognizes the format and displays the image properly
- Includes Standard 5.5mm Barrel Type connector and Extensions for use with XT60 and Barrel type Power connectors
If your new to FPV here are some of my favorite YouTube videos to show you what you are missing out on.
Quite the clever and practical solution for emergency situations in an Aircraft.
I saw this streamer on Shark Tank the other day and combined with the benefits I can see how this could be a great safety device for your aircraft. Beyond its name targeting marine operations / flying over water its also ideal for the desert and remote areas.
Doing most of my flight training in remote Arizona this a product I wish I had in my flight bag.
Tested and proven by the US Military this rescue streamer offers some advantages over other rescue signaling devices.
- Continuous signaling both with the orange streamer and with chem-lights for night time signaling.
- No batteries or electronics to fail in your time of need.
- Compact and light weight for storage.
Looking for something to add to your Aviation decor in your man cave or hanger office?
Check out this 3 canvas panel setup (ea panel is 24″ X 36″)
- Looking for your first or new flight bag?
- need something that’s to the point with out carrying the kitchen sink?
- Look no further than the ‘Lift’ Flight Bag by Flight Outfitters
- The “Just right” size features are ideal for LSA aircraft where extra space and weight is at a premium.
- Water bottle/back-up radio pocket, Fuel tester pocket, 2 external chart pockets
- Fleece-lined electronic accessory pockets (ADS-B / GPS / Iridium), 4 internal mesh organizers for cables and charging cords
- Fleece-lined headset pocket with elastic loops for extra batteries for ANR headsets
- Adjustable shoulder strap, braided wire reinforced carry handle and metal hardware
- External Dimensions: 12″H x 10.5″W x 9″D
Attractive Orange Accents keep the bag from blending in and being left behind.
Curious about aircraft ownership?
Tired of the rental fleet shenanigans?
Are you an active pilot looking to build serious hours & cross country flights?
Check out Aircraft Ownership by Mike Busch an A&P / IA. Gain knowledge from the unique perspective from in maintenance, inspections and over 8,000 flight hours.
Volume 1 covers selecting, purchasing, insuring, and maintaining an aircraft. Busch emphasizes that it is the aircraft owner—not his mechanics—who bears the regulatory responsibility for airworthiness. He discusses how to choose the right mechanic or shop and how to manage the maintenance they perform. Busch dissects the much-dreaded annual inspection, and how owners can keep it from spiraling out of control. He offers guidance about the all-important post-maintenance test flight, and how to deal with an owner’s worst nightmare: a mechanical breakdown far from home.
Additional Volume coming later this year.
I recently bought a few of these to store some important plans. Perfect for your homebuilt aircraft project plans or to store RC airplane plans as well.
They are offered in several colors and can expand to longer lengths.
The colors can help these storage tubes from “just blending in” making them easy to find.
- This Durable Tube Holder Protect Your Posters, Artwork, and Documents From Creasing While in Transit
- Tube is Water and Light Resistant – It Protects Materials Against Fading
- This Versatile Tube Has Unlimited Uses for Storage: Posters, Blue Prints, Artwork, Maps, Drafts
- Perfect for Artists, Illustrators, Architects or Hobbyists!
- Dimensions: 24.75 x 3.5 x 3.3 inches Fully extended 40.25″
A few months ago we got a shipment of GYC gloves at work, I was very impressed with the quality and another benefit is the grip texture actually works with tough screens (DMG Siemens 840 D) and smart phones.
They have a good longevity best I can tell so far compared to the rubber gripped HFT gloves.
I ended up getting a set from Amazon
They have multiple size and color options
Beyond the machine shop work, at work I’ve also used them for Gardening work & moving.
- [MULTI INDUSTRY & FOOD CONTACT] – Suitable for DIY, Machine operation, Oily material handling, Light engineering work, Assembly line, Warehouse work
- [Food Processing] Food Contact Approved by FDA Test – Chemical Odor from Coated Part is NOT harmful
- [SUPERB BREATHABILITY] Premium Water-based PU Micro Finish – It Offers Extra Comfort
- THE HIGHERST ABRASION RESISTANT LEVEL (EN388:2003) – Excellent Durability
- [REUSABLE] – Please Use Mild Detergent in Cold Water and Air-dry