Since the whole world is on the COVID-19 band wagon thought I could bring up my go to for when ever I get a cold or flu.
Airborne supplements have helped me get over it faster then any other over the counter product I’ve found. While everyone is hording up on TP, Mask and Gloves I’m surprised Airborne and other immune boosters are not flying off the shelf’s.
Per the talking heads on TV Most people who fall ill to this new strain will not need hospitalization and for those people I would do what ever you can to kick up your immune system.
I usually get the drink dis solvable tables or powered version like this:
The chew able tables is another convenient way to go.
And for the aviation connection:
One of my main Aviation role models Howard Hughes was a big proponent of Vitamin C (the main active ingredient in Airbourne) to cure illness.
Read more at: https://wujilife.com/blogs/wuji-life/howard-hughes-and-the-power-of-vitamin-c
And in closing:
This Months product of the month is called Grip Lock Ties.
I learned about it by watching Mike Patey’s Scrappy update video (see below) This is one of his companies products and is a perfect solution for both Home Built aircraft and UAV’s / RC / Drones.
Typical zip ties while cheaper can slide and or cut wiring and soft tubing. The unique feature with these is the rubber lined grip that keeps the tie in place and cushions what it is gripping. They are also removable unlike traditional zip ties that have a one way only function.
See more about these on Mikes latest video.
- Electrical wiring
- In powerplant cable management
- 3 phase wiring & power distribution on Drones / UAV’s
- Pitot Static Systems / Break lines
The High Top Creeper Workstation by XtremepowerUS is an ideal solution for repair facilities or individuals who work on large trucks and aircraft.
Body weight is supported by the frame that goes to the ground, Castoring wheels allow for easy moving.
- Great equipment for getting to the engine from the top of the vehicle. Allows extended periods of time spent bending over the engine without the effect of painful fatigue.
- Allows the technician to reach 40% more area around the front of most vehicles and equipment
- The thick padded deck to deliver support while working on your car, truck, boat, or airplane
- (4) casters slide easily around the shop. Two of them lock once the unit is properly positioned giving the user plenty of leverage
- Collapsible Frame: Yes; Max Weight Capacity: 400lbs; Overall Dimension: 33-1/4″(W) x 54-1/4″(L) x 48″ to 66-1/2″(H)
For the readers of the web site I wanted to compile a list of the best options today for Large field of view FPV goggles. when I got into FPV I was not impressed with the typical “Fat Shark” narrow field of view googles and wanted an IMAX experience. Headplay FPV was one of the first companies that could supply this and I was an early purchaser of their system.
Here is a list of the 5 options I would recommend today for a Wide FOV FPV goggle system. #ad
- The Scout uses a patented panel goggle optical module to deliver a 50 degree field of view (FOV), 1136 x 640 resolution and a 60 fps refresh rate in a comfortable to wear headset.
- In addition to an impressive display, the Scout has completely overhauled electronics performance.
- It has a diversity RX with an embedded 10 dB patch antenna to maximize reception, a new OSD, an updated DVR, and simple USB charging.
- The Scout also has several user conveniences including an embedded fan, removable foam to allow for pilots to wear glasses while flying and an LED indicator on the antenna to provide channel notification.
- The Scout is the headset for aspiring pilots looking for premium performance at a great value.
- Small size and light weight.
- Low power consumption, Working current 360~400mA.
- Double antenna reception to make the signal more stable.
- RaceBand 40 channel, Auto-Searching.
- 3.0 Inch 480*320 dot high brightness LCD screen.
- Built-in super sensitiveness 5.8GHz 40ch receiver, especially with RaceBand.
- Built-in 3.7V/1200mAh high-capacity Li-ion polymer Battery.
- Universal USB charging interface.
- Real-time video return, Very low time-delay.
- Support external video signal input.
- Support AV signal output (Connect external DVR).
- Built-in with super HD DVR record up to 720*576px resolution.Diversity RaceBand 40ch Auto-Searching.Two system (Display/Record duo core separated chipsets ) ensure no delay in displaying and no frame lost in recording(please use C10 super speed card to ensure the full frame recording).Work friendly with pilot-OSD, no block on the important flying OSD information;
- Separable design, 5 inch screen can be used as small monitor on radio controller or with tripod;HD high brightness 5 inch LCD specially tuned for FPV racing;Diversity function, Built-in super sensitive 5.8GHz 40ch receiver module, with RaceRand;
- Advanced auto-searching function and the working frequency show on screen;Built-in 7.4V 1200mAh battery, each full charge offer 2 hours working time;Wide range re-charge voltage 11-20V;
- Accept 2S or 3S batteries as back-up power source, to prolong the working time;Nice ergonomic design and fit different faces;Super-wide visible angle up to 82 degree;
- 92% transparent lens adopted, no distort, no blur on the edge of screen;Light weight 375g with 3.5 hr 1200mAh battery, RTF for any scale racing game;5 Inch 800*480px HD high brightness LCD
- Unique design even for people who wear glasses.
- New patented design of optical refraction, which no eye strain even for long time.
- Ergonomic design, no feeling of stress on your nose or eyes.
- With detachable 5inch monitor, combine goggle, separate monitor all in one.
- Menu for all 5.8Ghz frequency table, easy find, easy use.
- Built-in DVR recording, one key recording/playback.
- With true diversity receiver module inside, auto receive best signal
- Support HDMI IN, 1920*1080 resolution.
- Dual diversity receivers – Automatic switching to Antenna / Receiver
- Auto scanning function for fast and easy channel searching
- Supports AV and HDMI source DVR (HDMI DVR maximum input resolution supported is 1920*1080P @ 60HZ)
- NO Latency 1024×600 Display, with No Blackout / Blue Screen if Video Signal gets low
- Adjustable Lens Focus – Focal distance can be adjusted with a simple dial on the bottom of the unit
- Support AV and HDMI In – Use with an external receiver for long range, or simply enjoy a movie or playing a video game
- NTSC/PAL mode Auto Switching – auto-recognizes the format and displays the image properly
- Includes Standard 5.5mm Barrel Type connector and Extensions for use with XT60 and Barrel type Power connectors
If your new to FPV here are some of my favorite YouTube videos to show you what you are missing out on.
Quite the clever and practical solution for emergency situations in an Aircraft.
I saw this streamer on Shark Tank the other day and combined with the benefits I can see how this could be a great safety device for your aircraft. Beyond its name targeting marine operations / flying over water its also ideal for the desert and remote areas.
Doing most of my flight training in remote Arizona this a product I wish I had in my flight bag.
Tested and proven by the US Military this rescue streamer offers some advantages over other rescue signaling devices.
- Continuous signaling both with the orange streamer and with chem-lights for night time signaling.
- No batteries or electronics to fail in your time of need.
- Compact and light weight for storage.
Looking for something to add to your Aviation decor in your man cave or hanger office?
Check out this 3 canvas panel setup (ea panel is 24″ X 36″)
- Looking for your first or new flight bag?
- need something that’s to the point with out carrying the kitchen sink?
- Look no further than the ‘Lift’ Flight Bag by Flight Outfitters
- The “Just right” size features are ideal for LSA aircraft where extra space and weight is at a premium.
- Water bottle/back-up radio pocket, Fuel tester pocket, 2 external chart pockets
- Fleece-lined electronic accessory pockets (ADS-B / GPS / Iridium), 4 internal mesh organizers for cables and charging cords
- Fleece-lined headset pocket with elastic loops for extra batteries for ANR headsets
- Adjustable shoulder strap, braided wire reinforced carry handle and metal hardware
- External Dimensions: 12″H x 10.5″W x 9″D
Attractive Orange Accents keep the bag from blending in and being left behind.